What is Greengold?
In 2008, Greengold Ltd was formed as a vehicle to offer practical solutions to business leaders on the paradox of delivering business value and climate and energy strategies.
The founder of Greengold is Calliope Webber. She is an independent advisor on energy, carbon reduction and sustainable business. She has over 12 years experience and a track record of successfully delivering solutions in the ‘green’ energy and business development arena.
Her career in the international oil and gas industry gained in Shell, Amoco and BP spans technical, commercial and joint venture leadership.
From a position of policy advisor to BP’s Gas and Power stream, she was seconded to Washington for three years, as an advisor to the World Bank’s energy policy division in the core team of the Global Gas Flare Reduction Partnership. Within this partnership, carbon finance capability and projects were developed, notably in Nigeria and Russia.
Prior to setting up Greengold, she returned to BP for two years – she was responsible for delivering direction and advice to Business Units on creating the business case and plan for carbon reduction projects, carbon finance opportunities, emissions trading and business development.
What is the experience?
2008 – GREENGOLD LTD Director
Developing business plan for Start-up company focused on commercially and socially responsible investments in Africa and India subcontinent
Faculty member of Climate Change Leadership Programme, Cambridge University
Worked with technical and commercial specialists to build an investment framework for ‘Carbon Capture and Storage’ for a major multi-national client
Produced a comprehensive report ‘Current Drivers for Low Carbon Economy’ for private client study
2006 – 2008 BP GAS & POWER AND RENEWABLE PROJECTS Director
Advising BP executive leadership within gas, power and renewable business on clean energy business and alternative energy projects
Contributing to leadership dialogues within BP on climate policy and business development for BP’s businesses worldwide
Created new business strategy and plan for emission reduction projects
Representative for BP on key external stakeholder forums including, UNFCCC and WBCSD
2003 – 2006 WORLD BANK, WASHINGTON DC
Advisor, Global Gas Flare Reduction Partnership, Oil, Gas, Mining and Chemicals Department –energy policy
1999 – 2003 BP GAS & POWER
Director – Clean/Green Business Development (London)
Key skills and Qualifications
Knowledge transfer and capacity building in energy and carbon business, cross-sector partnerships; collaboration models for progressive change; organisational alignment for innovative solutions; sustainable energy strategies
- MSc Responsibility and Business Practice, Bath School of Management, awarded July 2010
- Post Graduate Certificate Cross Sector Partnership, Cambridge University, Cambridge, 2007
- Executive Development, JMW ‘Manager of the Future’ BP sponsored 2002
- Executive Development, Certificate in Management, Texas A&M, Texas, 1998
- MSc (Hons) Petroleum Engineering, Imperial College, London
- BSc Chemistry, Imperial College, London
- Member of International Gas Union Special Task Force for Global Integrated Gas Study – World Gas Congress 2009
- Member of World Business Council for Sustainable Development (2000-2008)
- ‘Barriers and Enablers for Progressive Change in Oil and Gas Industry’ Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Dundee, March 2008.
- Member of Ontario Centre of Excellence Energy Technical Advisory Committee (2007)
- ‘Associated Gas Utilisation and Sustainability’, Gas Tech 2006, Abu Dhabi, December 2006.
- Board member UK Business Council for Sustainable Development (2000-2003)